Enter HealthTap. The popular app allows users to ask its team of 35,000 active, U.S.-licensed doctors health-related questions for free. The free service allows users to ask a question under 150 characters.
With the right research your first visit with your new doctor will be the beginning of a healthy relationship.
- What are your credentials? …
- Where did you go to medical school?
- Are you board-certified?
- How many patients are currently in your practice?
- Anything that is not 100 percent truthful. …
- Anything condescending, loud, hostile, or sarcastic. …
- Anything related to your health care when we are off the clock. …
- Complaining about other doctors. …
- Anything that is a huge overreaction.
A.D.A.M.’s Ask A Doctor service gives you quick and easy access to doctors, anytime, anywhere. At any time of the day, more than 100 doctors are online and ready to answer your questions. A.D.A.M.’s Ask A Doctor service has more than 18,000 registered doctors from more than 50 specialties.
- What do you think is causing my problem?
- Is there more than one condition (disease) that could be causing my problem?
- What tests will you do to diagnose the problem and which of the conditions is present?
- How good are the tests for diagnosing the problem and the conditions?
- How safe are the tests?
- What is the likely course of this condition? What is the long-term outlook with and without treatment?
- What are my treatment options? How effective is each treatment option? What are the benefits versus risks of each treatment option?
- If my symptoms worsen, what should I do on my own? When should I contact you?
- Are you aware of each of the medications that I am taking? Can they adversely interact with the medications you are prescribing for me?
- Should we monitor for side effects of the medications that you are prescribing or for their interactions with other medications I am taking?