Swine flu virus
Today we suffer from the Coronavirus pandemic. In 2009 there was the swine flu pandemic. That was a virus that reached the world from Mexico.
And guess what?
- The overall and specifically the US media (social media were only in its infancy) were anti-critical about anything what the US President Obama did do (and not did) and what he said while in office.
- Between the 151,700 and 575,400 people died worldwide.
- The pandemic lasted for about 19 months.
- 11% to 21% of the global population of 6.8 billion at the time were infected (748,000 to 1,428,000 people).
- At 53% (Pandemic started in January 2009, he responded in October 2009) of the raging pandemic, President Obama finally acted.
- The symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of other influenzas (including corona).
The lower value of 700 million is more than the 500 million people estimated to have been infected by the Spanish flu pandemic (or 33% of the world population). By 19 November 2009, doses of vaccine had been administered in over 16 countries. In 2011, a study from the US Flu Vaccine Effectiveness Network estimated the overall effectiveness of all pandemic H1N1 vaccines at 56%.
In October 2009, President Obama finally responded to the raging pandemic. The pandemic raged between January 2009 to August 2010. He declared swine flu a national emergency, giving Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius authority to grant waivers to requesting hospitals from usual federal requirements. That's it.
Hysteria and panic
And guess what? Unlike with the Coronavirus, there was no forced shutdowns of countries, communities or "hot-areas".
There was also no hysteria, no panic, no lunacy anywhere. There was simply the normal way of living, no chance at all in society, there was almost no response of the US authorities and leadership and they let the pandemic getting its natural immunity, the so called herd immunity.
And guess what (again)? It worked just fine.
There was no 'Orwellian' process: one people, one flag, one enemy. Today all the hysterical people are waving the crazy flag. They are not prepared to listen to the numbers or to common sense.
There was no monstrously hysterical bunch of idiots, which is used in the past fascist regimes to come to power.
- More than 70% of hospitalizations in the U.S. have been people with such underlying conditions, according to the CDC.
- Spread of the swine-flu virus is to occur in the same way that flu spreads. It spreads mainly from person to person through coughing or sneezing by infected people. Sometimes people get infected by touching something—such as a surface or object—with viruses on it and then touching their face. The same as with the coronavirus.
- The basic reproduction number (the average number of other individuals whom each infected individual will infect, in a population which has no immunity to the disease) for the swine-flu virus is estimated to be 1.75.
- In January 2010, Wolfgang Wodarg, a German deputy who trained as a physician and now chairs the health committee at the Council of Europe, claimed major firms had organized a "campaign of panic" to put pressure on the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare a "false pandemic" to sell vaccines. Wodarg said the WHO's "false pandemic" flu campaign is "one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century".
- Rather than closing schools, the CDC recommended that students and school workers with flu symptoms should stay home for either seven days total, or until 24 hours after symptoms subsided, whichever was longer.
- In California, school districts and universities were on alert and worked with health officials to launch education campaigns. Many planned to stockpile medical supplies and discuss worst-case scenarios, including plans to provide lessons and meals for low-income children in case elementary and secondary schools closed.
- The U.S. CDC did not recommend the use of face masks or respirators in non-health care settings, such as schools, workplaces, or public places, with a few exceptions: people who were ill with the virus when around other people, and people who were at risk for severe illness while caring for someone with the flu.
- According to mask manufacturer 3M, masks will filter out particles in industrial settings, but "there are no established exposure limits for biological agents such as swine flu virus".
Major modern influenza pandemics
|1889–90 flu||1889–90||1.53 billion||2.10||20–60%
|1918 flu||1918–20||1.80 billion||1.80||33% -56%
(0.5 > 1 billion)
|Asian flu||1957–58||2.90 billion||1.65||>17%
|Hong Kong flu||1968–69||3.53 billion||1.80||>14%
|2009 flu||2009–10||6.85 billion||1.46||11–21%
|Seasonal flu||Every year||7.75 billion||1.28||5–15% (340 million – 1 billion)
3–11% or 5–20% (240 million – 1.6 billion)
|Corona||2019-20||7.59 billion||1.4 - 2.5||2% (31 million)||1 million|
One thing to mention is that the Coronavirus pandemic is not finished yet. At this moment of writing (October 14, 2020), 78% of all Coronavirus cases are resolved (recovered or died). According the current trends, the virus will last 1.3 years. This number depends on many external factors.
Coronavirus and sneezing
Do governments stop the corona pandemic?
The Coronavirus, which nobody can stop, spreads throughout the population. The population is exposed to the virus and simultaneously the body creates antibodies to shut down and prevent the disease. At this moment everywhere in the world the virus is being spread around by a great many people who don't know that they have it. And people are being exposed and becoming immune.
The chain of infection is broken and in that way the virus comes to a halt.
The same happened with all pandemics like flu, Asian flu, Spanish flu, Hong Kong flu and 2009 flu. And with all those pandemics, there were no vaccines available.
The tragical part is that everyone, who has a low immunity, is at risk to become seriously ill and might even die because of the Coronavirus pandemic. That's the same and no different as for any pandemic and infectious disease.
Being bored or monstrously hysterical?
When people today are talking about the flu pandemic, people are getting bored rather quickly. It's a - far from my bed - story for many. This chances when people are talking about the Coronavirus pandemic! They become monstrously hysterical!
To answer that, it's always a good idea to use the common sense. And before you do that, consider that too many humans are not very nice people, they do everything to get or keep themselves in power or to get money and/or influence; they wouldn't mind to allow people to die!
Who profits from the Coronavirus pandemic?
- Like Wolfgang Wodarg in January 2010 already claimed, that major firms had organized a "campaign of panic" to receive funding for research and sell vaccines. Furthermore, Wodarg said that time about the Swine pandemic the WHO's "false pandemic" flu campaign is "one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century".
- It's true that a high number of (medical) research companies and institutions receive multiple billions of dollars for the purpose research and for developing vaccines against the virus.
- The business of media is earning profit. In the viewpoint of the media, selling factual information about the coronavirus pandemic is not profitable, it's dull, it's a "far from my bed" story. But selling exciting information is what makes them earn fortunes and receive all the attention from the public.
- The media goes even a step further, they try to create a campaign of consternation, panic, frenzy and delirium to the public in order to earn even more money.
- In the political world, especially in the US (other countries too), certain political fractions and parties are openly supporting and maintaining the media campaigns supporting national and international panic. Their purpose is using that for political attacks on their political opponents and getting more power and influence.
- The role of social media is becoming larger by the minute. The majority of the social media is owned by a few, who support and is supported by those political fractions and parties who support the media campaigns. They go so far, that they openly refuse content supported by a specific political party; the censure is applied openly and unopposed throughout the social media.
- Many people are very concerned that their democratic values are being subverted by their governments to give them absolute power. The reason for that is that the governments claim to use those methods to fight the coronavirus by "temporary" shutdown of those democratic rights. Like the right to demonstrate, the (national) censure applied on the nation, the right of free movement, freedom of speech, the right to work, etc.
- Above what the governments want to undermine, they develop highly advanced monitoring systems, which are designed to track every activity and move of their citizens. On one side, it might help in finding people infected by one infected host, but those systems might be (very likely) not dismantled after the pandemic.
Summarizing the media is using the Coronavirus pandemic to earn fortunes and to support certain political fractions. The medical research companies are using the pandemic for receiving additional multiple billions of dollars for developing a vaccine and research. Governments are using the pandemic in restrict democratic values and implementing more monitoring technologies over their populations.
Microscopic magnification of coronavirus
Lockdowns of nations to fight the Coronavirus pandemic
The thought behind the lockdown of a nation, which is victim of the Coronavirus pandemic is to reduce the infections of the virus. The general believe is that if people don't travel or meet others, the new infections will go automatically down. That means that people have house arrest until the lockdown is released.
It's the same logic (where is the common sense?) try to reduce or stop the death caused by traffic. With that same logic, all traffic must be stopped, nationwide. Indeed, the nation managed to bring the death caused by traffic to a halt. But on the other side, the number of deaths has increased multiple hundreds of times because of the lack of traffic. They never considered that traffic is a structural part of society.
The same for the use of lockdowns of the nation in order to reduce the Coronavirus pandemic. They try to enforce house arrest on their citizens and after several weeks they can observe a certain reduction of newly infected people. But on the other side, the number of deaths has increased multiple times (even becoming epidemiologies) because of depression, anxiousness, mental disorders and suicides! Not to mention the financial disasters for their citizens, loss of jobs, lack of education, disrupting the structure of society, destruction of the national and local economies and so it goes on and on. They never considered that living is a structural part of society!
There are other ways to reduce the number of infections, while getting the herd immunity by vaccine (in the future) or by natural virus infections (what happens now).
It's a fact that the only way to get rid of the pandemic is by herd immunity. Herd immunity can be reached if 60% of the population is immune for the virus by vaccination or natural immunization (after being infected and recovered by the virus).
- If you don't believe this, look at the history of all the pandemics in the world. All pandemics (except the flu) were ended by natural immunization, not the vaccines. Common sense, remember?
- As a by-product from the lockdowns, the number of infections went down. That's not because of vaccination, but because of natural immunization. Remember, there are no vaccines currently available.
- Even that the "science" is telling everyone that natural immunization is bad and cruel, it does happen at this moment and there is nothing they can do about it. We know their interest in keeping the populations in panic mode to earn more money for their services.
In the case of the Coronavirus pandemic, there are other ways to keep the Coronavirus infections under control and finally reach the stage of immunization and the end of this pandemic.
- Increase and improve methods of testing for the Coronavirus.
- Protect those who are weak and seriously sick, those with serious underlaying diseases and pregnant women.
- Determine the "hot-areas" (who has a high level of infections) and if needed, enforce a local lockdown
- Continue the policy of social distancing.
- The use of masks is dubious. Masks are developed to filter out particles in industrial settings. There are no established exposure limits for biological agents such as a virus. But it seems more of a psychological thing than it's valuable and practical.